The work of the Right to Life Association is vital to the health and well-being of our society. Without our presence in schools, universities, adult groups and the media, there would be little opposition to the current pro-abortion-minded climate that grips our culture.
To assist our work we need the prayers of everyone, young and old. Prayer is something that we can all do. We are reminded to pray and encouraged by the well-known phrase “Ask and you shall receive, knock and the door shall be opened to you.”
At Toronto Right to Life we ask for your prayers. In order to help facilitate prayers for the unborn, for women and their families caught in the difficulty of abortion and for our organization, we have created a way for you to be actively involved.
1) Send us your name and contact information so that we can communicate effectively with you. (Please note: all information is strictly confidential and Toronto Right to Life will never sell or divulge any contact information that you give to us.)
Write to us atand tell us that you would like to be a Prayer Associate and how we can get in touch with you.
3) Speak to your pastor about organizing a monthly prayer activity in your Church, local community house or even in your home.
4) Choose your prayers. Catholics can hold Eucharistic Adoration, a Mass or Rosary for Life. Protestants could hold a prayer service with specific prayers for the unborn and for women in crisis pregnancy. We encourage other faiths to join their prayers for the unborn too. The Muslim and Jewish faiths are encouraged to participate and to inform us of their prayer activities.
5) Let us know when and where your prayer service is being held. We will keep a log of all prayer activities taking place.
For prayer activities in Toronto CLICK HERE.
6) If you would like to have your prayer activity added to our list, let us know. We will publish the list on our web-site so that others who would like to join in can find out where these activities are taking place.
7) Private prayer: Individuals who may not want to participate in an organized prayer activity can still add their prayers to our prayer log, by letting us know that they are praying for us.
We hope that you will be able to bring the message of Life to your faith community and to your families and friends by encouraging them to pray for the pro-life cause.
We need to pray to end abortion. The scourge of this great evil will not end by our efforts alone. We must enlist God’s great power of healing and mercy to overcome the spiritual darkness of abortion, that causes so much pain and destruction.
A woman of great prayer, Mother Teresa, knew this all too well.
“I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child …Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use violence to get what they want. That is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion