Every Life Counts Art Contest
Today there are many threats to the value of human life.
Genocide. Euthanasia. Abortion.
Art is a powerful means to express this truth.
Art is such a powerful venue for engaging with important matters, and what more important matter is there than life itself? This contest gives students the opportunity to express and contemplate the dignity and value of human life through creativity. Artwork is submitted from high schools in the greater Toronto area depicting pro-life themes regarding the disabled and elderly, motherhood and the unborn, and so on.
Show this through your work and you may win:
First Prize $200
Second Prize $150
Third Prize $100
1. Contest is open to students in grades 9 through 12.
2. Artwork must be your own original work.
3. Artwork must be 2-dimensional (drawing or painting, mosaic, etc.)
4. Artwork must in some way represent the theme of the contest: Every Life Matters!
5. You must submit a one-paragraph artist’s statement along with your artwork explaining how your work reflects the value of human life, in other words, how does it show that Every Life Matters?
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2011
Please send or drop off your entry to:
Toronto Right to Life Association
120 Eglinton Ave E, Suite 302, Toronto, ON M4P 1E2
You must submit a release form with your art.
Click here to download a release form.
Click here to download the art contest poster.