The Right to Life Association of Toronto and Area is a volunteer, non-sectarian human rights organization dedicated, through education, to providing a sure and certain voice regarding the care and protection of the unborn, women hurt by abortion, the infirm, persons with disabilities and the aged. We oppose the violence of abortion, fetal and embryonic experimentation, embryonic stem cell research, unethical reproductive technologies, infanticide, assisted suicide and euthanasia.
Toronto Right to Life maintains current factual research files on all these issues and is committed to keeping Canadians informed.
Toronto Right to Life encourages pro-life projects and initiatives in the community. We monitor and respond to bias in the media, popular culture and government policy that promotes attitudes and practices that are not life affirming.
- Civilized society is built upon the principle of a fundamental right to life, from the moment of fertilization to natural death. The right to life is crucial, being the only human right upon which all others depend.
- The task of defending innocent human life is everyone’s responsibility, especially at a time when those whose lives are being threatened are at their weakest moments in the human journey: in the womb, the wheelchair, or the hospital bed.
- To deny the preborn, the infirm, the handicapped and the aged their fundamental right to life is morally reprehensible.
- Now celebrating its 40th year of service, TRL is well-established and respected as one of the best qualified and busiest pro-life organizations in Canada.
- TRL’s archives, which continue to grow daily, are extensive and unique, dating back to the beginning of the pro-life movement, both in Canada and worldwide.
- The outstanding loyalty of Toronto RTL’s members, as expressed through their moral and financial support, makes all of TRL’s pro-life efforts possible.
- TRL’s volunteers, both young and old, do much of the work involved. Their commitment, energy and enthusiasm are truly inspiring.